Thursday, 17 June 2010

Fisher bikes - the end...

You probably saw a brand new video from Trek here a while back, where Gary Fisher introduced the 'Gary Fisher Range"... by Trek. What they didn't mention was that this actually means that Gary Fisher bikes as we know them will very shortly no longer exist -  do you believe what the man himself had to day about the new big buck deal?


Well, if you adore his bikes as much as we do - they you'd better go buy one now - before they become extinct...

Gary Fisher..

“This makes sense. I love this strategy,” said Gary Fisher. “I’ve been working with Trek on the Fisher Brand since 1996, but this puts me right in the middle of the best team of bike people. I can now bring my ideas to Trek, No.1 bike brand in the world. Better bikes and more people on those bikes. I love it.”

“2010 has been a fantastic year for both Trek and Gary Fisher bikes," said Trek president John Burke. "But we weren’t taking full advantage of the incredible resource we have in Gary Fisher, the man. We realized we could bring Gary’s ideas to many more people by creating the Gary Fisher Collection.”